A forum for the respectful discussion of all things Northern Metis.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hitched up the Cart and Headed to Town

Well, well, well, we had quite a snow fall in the Yekooche Territory over the last couple of days. So yours truly (in typical Metis mule headed contrariness) decided the tobacco and coffee was low, I had a training session in PG and I wanted to see my daughter. I headed off at day break in my wee old car. "Hola! crazy so sick!" as Jimmy would say. I guess that pushing a foot of snow with an old Pontiac is not all that conducive to fan belt health! So the car is being towed into the Fort and I was towed into PG. I did have the chance to see a fair amount of game on the trip though. The moose are looking real good this winter, not too thin and no ticks at all. Lots of grouse too. So the trip back out may be a productive one for the freezer. I am pretty sure that one young bull has my name and freezer model written on his butt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the moose have a heart with Mum on the other butt cheek? How are you doing? Nice BLOG good to see a northern voice for us outlaws.
Grizz

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunty
this is from Vyeu Mechif
Rene Sept 13th will soon be
upon us Election time in bc
i say it,s time we elect a
leader that care,s about the
people Earl Belcourt for
president Mr Lussier for vice
press and in Terrace anybody
but what they already have
elect somebody that know,s
Mechif ?????????