A forum for the respectful discussion of all things Northern Metis.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Exciting start to the Lunar New Year!

Today I decided to take the plunge into the world of blogging. This was no last minute decision, in truth I have long wanted to facilitate open, respectful discussion of northern Metis matters. However, my commitment to my job precluded discussion around a number of very sensitive issues. Some of these issues being the disparity in resource delivery as well as the lack of voice and support the northwest Metis people are burdened with in this province. As a proud northern Metis woman the north/south polarity has been a "thorn" to me since I could first understand my elders discussing it. As I matured and worked in social delivery and development in the north the "thorn" grew into a large splinter. It is my hope that this blog can act as a forum for northern people to vent, discuss, promote and advocate for our northern lifestyle and strong culture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't say how proud I am of you and I say go for it as the subjects have long needed explaining.